Radon bootcamp and fortress

Released information from various stages of VSB's development.
kainenable

Shuttlebay

Post by kainenable »

Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

Ooooh aaaah...
Watch out for snakes
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Post by olzen »

Somebody help! He's scaring me! :P
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

That's the scene where the projectile's launched, right? Are those the projectiles in the upper left hand corner? Should I change the color of the capsule in the cutscene to match those capsules? How about the moon's atmosphere, should that be changed as well?

Very nice picture, by the way.
MartyMcFly
BG Artist / Coffee Retriever

Post by MartyMcFly »

no those things in the upper left hand corner could be just fuel tanks i guess. as for the captules, they will be fired from the cannon that is seen in the upper right hand corner, for a better view of the cannon its somewhere posted here... but with the closeup cannon pic, im gonna change the captules to suit what they are meant to look like :D
and as for the moon, i had no idea that there was meant to be a moon. for the stars i used a program called "Universe Creator" which does just that, that planet is part of the starfield i made to be used in the background. i can change it if necessary.
olzen

Post by olzen »

Well, if pcj agrees, I think it'd be a good idea to have 2D space backgrounds created in "Universe Creator" for the space cutscenes. The moon, btw, is merely the same as on the Radon backgrounds. It won't require much for you to insert it.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Of course. That would be fine, except for one fact: that for a 2D environment to be successfully integrated into a 3D environment, you either need a different view for every camera angle, or use the same one for every shot; but in this case, it wouldn't look realistic.
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

olsen do u want me to include a purple glow around the mood which we saw on zanon? or u think i should just let it remain white without glow?
olzen

Post by olzen »

I'm not sure... Whatever suits you. You oughta make it fit into pcj's 3D version of the moon, though.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Just to clear things up...

First of all...Zanon doesn't exist anymore (at least to my knowledge); it's Radon and its moon, so that'll help clear up any miscommunication.

Also, in the 3D video I made, there's no glow around the moon, only around Radon, but there is an atmosphere around both.

There's also an X on the moon; which may or may not be seen in your rendering of the scene. You can use my 3D moon as a reference, but I'm not sure if it's absolutely right or anywhere close, as it hasn't been really addressed since I last changed it to suit their stated expectations.
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

ok, so where can i see these 3D moon pics?
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Its pretty much a standard looking moon, only with a large x formed on it and a bubble looking base in the middle.

Maybe pjc could post an image of what he has modeled so far. It needs work, raised x and crater holes as well as a higher resolution texture, but it will give you kind of an idea.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Here's the moon, as I've rendered it; it still needs to be changed, but as kain said, it should give you an idea.

pcj

Post by pcj »

Don't know if you realized this, but in both the main picture with the cannon, and the shot from the control room, the field of stars appears to extend to beneath the shuttlebay. Isn't the shuttlebay physically located on Radon? If so, you'll need to add a horizon, unless either Radon should be rendered flat, instead of a globe, or the building is on its side, facing space. In which case gravity become a problem. :?

Also, in every other shot I've seen on Radon, there aren't any visible stars, except perhaps the main star. Is it suddenly night on Radon, or did it suddenly lose its atmosphere? (a major problem for Radon's inhabitants) Otherwise, I don't know how you're going to be able to see the starfield from the shuttlebay, unless it's outside the atmosphere, or at least above the troposphere, stratosphere, and mesosphere (if Radon has all of those, which it appears to).
olzen

Post by olzen »

Hmmm... He's right. We should have some clouds there. Placing the shuttlebay at a tower seems impossible, as it would be very, very, very, VERY high.