Roger's walk cycle

Released information from various stages of VSB's development.
kainenable

Roger's walk cycle

Post by kainenable »

here is a sample of a walkcycle for roger. I have finished them for each direction. Olzen has them all saved as png's. The jaggies are only there because i made the background transperent for the gif. The first frame of each walking animation is roger standing still. There are 30 frames per walk cycle. If that is to much for proccesors to handle we can just take every other fram and make it 15 fps.
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Post by olzen »

Olzen has them all saved as png's.
Yes, and I've just converted one of the pictures to PCX, and I can say that the quality doesn't degrade :) It doesn't support transparent backgrounds like PNG, though. But it shouldn't be much of a problem. Look at this for more info. Yokay also told me a bit about the format. Info that will possibly be useful to Tim:
Just to know, the RLE encoding scheme is not perfect. A 1-byte run code can contain a run value only in the range 0 to 63. If the pixel run value is in the range 64 to 255, a 2-byte run code must be used instead. If the image contains many singel pixel-runs of color values greater than 63, an increase of image data size can occur after PCX encoding. Typically occurs only in very noisy or grainy images.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

Kain have I ever told you that you're my hero?
Watch out for snakes
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Damnit! I thought i was the wind beneath your wings.

I have lightened up his clothing.
Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

He does look like a janitor.
Watch out for snakes
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

Is that the Star Con insignia on his shirt?
Not that it matters...it's just so small, and I was wondering.
Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

I'm no Kain, but I believe it is. The Yellow Triangle, looks like it was ripped right from the top down shot in SQ5.
Watch out for snakes
pcj

Post by pcj »

I think the sandals are interesting...Since Roger is a janitor, and most janitors wear boots, or at least closed-toed shoes (hazardous chemicals, dirty bathrooms, etc.), it seems that he's always worn boots (even as a captain, it went with part of his uniform (and the parody on Star Trek)) it's a nice change from the earlier versions of SQ.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Heh, actually your right, i did rip the insignia from space quest 5. I used sandals instead of boots because he is on vacation. Plus sandals are comfy.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Plus sandals are comfy.
Not too comfortable on the ice world of Radon; seems sort of cold to me.

Possibly (if you don't already have it set up to do that) a clothes change is in order for Roger and Bea, when (or before) they land. Possibly they could catch hypothermia ([freeze to] death scene, or whatnot) if the player doesn't have Roger change clothes or put on gloves and boots or something.
olzen

Post by olzen »

Not too comfortable on the ice world of Radon; seems sort of cold to me.
If you read the intro cutscene script, you'll know that they just rush to Radon in the Mallard. They're on vacation, which suddenly gets interrupted by an apeman attack.
Possibly (if you don't already have it set up to do that) a clothes change is in order for Roger and Bea, when (or before) they land. Possibly they could catch hypothermia ([freeze to] death scene, or whatnot) if the player doesn't have Roger change clothes or put on gloves and boots or something.
One of the quotes in the script says "It's good you remembered your ThermoWeave underwear. So after all, Roger is a little prepared. Still, he will freeze if he doesn't move fast enough through the water caves.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
pcj

Post by pcj »

I've read the plot, but haven't seen the actual script.

From where/whom may a find/acquire a copy?
Nigel
Musician
Musician

Post by Nigel »

Hey! Roger's looking pretty good! Well done guys! I'm hard at work on the credits music to make sure it's a fitting finale to all your work :wink:
Infinity welcomes careful drivers
pcj

Post by pcj »

If you read the intro cutscene script, you'll know that they just rush to Radon in the Mallard. They're on vacation, which suddenly gets interrupted by an apeman attack....
One of the quotes in the script says "It's good you remembered your ThermoWeave underwear."
If they were rushing "to Radon in the Mallard", then how could he "remember" his ThermoWeave underwear; does he wear it all the time, or what?
olzen

Post by olzen »

If they were rushing "to Radon in the Mallard", then how could he "remember" his ThermoWeave underwear; does he wear it all the time, or what?
Probably. But you can probably adjust the temperature, so it won't be as hot all the time.