just finished the game. My thoughts

Discuss in-depth VSB plot issues here.
merlin86

just finished the game. My thoughts

Post by merlin86 »

I have seen both endings and were fantastic... but there's a question in my mind.
Roger jr. said in SQ IV, Bea WAS is mother so in the future Bea will die, and Roger will bring back her to life? Will save her?

I hope to see another SQ game from you guys. This episode was simply amazing :)
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Re: just finished the game. My thoughts

Post by pcj »

That's what we explored in VSB with Roger's dilemma in wanting to marry Bea, he knows if she is his wife then she may die according to his understanding of what Jr. said. Although that was just in passing so it's not clear if she dies or not.
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Post by olzen »

Yeah, it's up to other developers to decide what ultimately happens to Bea. We didn't want to be the ones who might have to kill and/or mutilate her :P
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
merlin86

Post by merlin86 »

Well, some time ago i've tried to bring back to life Space Quest. I wrote even the intro, but the project died in two weeks. Not enough people :D
So i thank you, for this project (and hope for other projects about SQ in the near/far future :) ) for saving space quest saga :D
olzen

Post by olzen »

Thankyou for your kind words :)

Right now, we don't have any more projects planned for this team. However, the Space Quest II remake and Chris' project "Incinerations" are both set for release soon.

You might argue that the latter ended up being VSBs sister game, though; I did a lot of the music for it (some of the cues also made their way into both games), it duplicates some of VSBs code (and vice-versa), and as the teaser trailer you've probably seen indicates, it takes place after VSBs "bad" ending.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
Wilconologist

Post by Wilconologist »

Just finished the game aswell and I have to say I was quite impressed.

Loved the background artwork and the music. Will be interested to see what it is like to play if you get a speech pack together.
The character animations reminded me of a cross between flash animation and sq6. I think this helped to set you game apart from some of the others out there.

Im still undecided if I like the alternate ending but the idea of having multiple endings was clever.

Well done you should be proud.
mjomble
Writer / Efficiency Facilitator

Post by mjomble »

Thanks, glad you liked it :D
Wilconologist wrote:Im still undecided if I like the alternate ending but the idea of having multiple endings was clever.
This is where we usually hint that there's a hidden third one too :P
There are already some hints on the forum for how to trigger it.
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
Noctambulo

Post by Noctambulo »

mjomble wrote:Thanks, glad you liked it :D
Wilconologist wrote:Im still undecided if I like the alternate ending but the idea of having multiple endings was clever.
This is where we usually hint that there's a hidden third one too :P
There are already some hints on the forum for how to trigger it.
So, this is where I usually hint that I really hate you ¬¬'

Come on guys!!! It's 2:30 AM here, and I just finished the game's BOTH endings, and now, I enter here to tell my thoughts too, just to find that you "hint" about a third ending?????

.... Ok, ok... I'm not sleeping yet... :evil:

PS: Great game. Just loved it =D>
Datadog
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist

Post by Datadog »

The third ending is an in-joke on our part (and unless you've been following the project for years, you won't get the joke right away.) You'd need to play the game from the beginning again just to see it, so maybe get some sleep. :)
"Great Pockets of Physics!"
Noctambulo

Post by Noctambulo »

Datadog wrote:The third ending is an in-joke on our part (and unless you've been following the project for years, you won't get the joke right away.) You'd need to play the game from the beginning again just to see it, so maybe get some sleep. :)
... #-o

Can you tell me how to get it?

(Yes, I'm going to sleep now... grrrrr) xDDD
mjomble

Post by mjomble »

You can try searching for the word "ending" on the forum.
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
guehlynois

Post by guehlynois »

Well, I'm playing the game and am simply amazed ! It was a long time ago since I didn't play an excellent point'n'click game (the last point'n'click that I really loved was Sanitarium in 1999).
Also, the game is fully understandable for me (and i'm french) and I understand all senses of the phrases in : I was often laughing out loud !
I would like to congratule VSB and Infamous Adventure for the quality of their work and for resurrecting the spirit of Roger Wilco (as well as Vohaul's one :) ). Great job ! Hope for a remake of Space Quest 3 and for a playable version of Space Quest 6.

Ah, I forgot : I played the remake of the second episode and I'm playing Vohaul Strikes Back on Ubuntu ! I would like to thank you for considerating Linux users !