Armory, School Hall, Locker door open, X-Ray

Released information from various stages of VSB's development.
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

olzen wrote:I remember it well from Curse of Monkey Island, thankyou! :wink:
Right. :shock:
MartyMcFly
BG Artist / Coffee Retriever

Post by MartyMcFly »

yeah, its also refering to the mess on the floor and the wall. u might not see it that much, i didnt want to go over board, but i could make the spew more detailed if you like
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

actually i might touch up the shower background a little bit more. since no one has commented on it yet.
what background should i do next? i remember people asked me specifically about certain backgrounds but i kinda forget. i remember one was like a scrolling background
BlueMax

Post by BlueMax »

GORGEOUS artwork!! Keep up this level of quality and we'll have a hot number on our hands!! :D :D :D
How do you type with boxing gloves on your hands?
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

thats a kicked soap bar. also thats a hairbrush with some freaks left over hair in it
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Post by olzen »

Another jaerb well done! 8)
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Looking very good, Marty.

Though you didn't identify the bottle. :wink:
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

the bottle is just shampoo or something. decide yourself :D

now, did is there a resquest for what background to do next?
BlueMax

Post by BlueMax »

olzen wrote:Another jaerb well done! 8)
For those who don't get the reference...
http://www.homestarrunner.com/cantsayjob.html
How do you type with boxing gloves on your hands?
pcj

Post by pcj »

MartyMcFly wrote:now, did is there a resquest for what background to do next?
Well, I can't seem to find any backgrounds to match the kitchen or warehouse scenes detailed here.

Just an idea.
MartyMcFly

Post by MartyMcFly »

cool thanks. but the thing is, you guys probably have a better idea of what you want the "moon base" to look like. if u wanted to sketch a few pics, feel free. or u could refer it to something.
CHEERS
pcj

Post by pcj »

Three reasons why I'm not replying with pictures illustrating my ideas for this scene:
  1. Well, as I've said before, I draw like crap (on paper anyway, with computers I can take my time and generally get something close to what I had planned, but on paper: imagine art worse than stick figures; I just figure I never got those motor skills :wink:).
  2. Also, I don't want to go against what any of the writers had in mind.
  3. Therefore, it logically follows that if I draw it, by standard means at least, it will violate my second goal; since what any of the writers had in mind is far outside my capability to even render a sketch of it.
So, I'll just quote Eegah :D :
Eegah wrote:Screen 9- The Warehouse
A huge huge stack of boxes is essentially the background of this room. One small light on a string hangs down in this very large room, illuminating only a small portion. The door, on the left, is outlined in gray. On the right side, there is a series of violently opened boxes, with an apeman’s head sticking out of one. He eyes Roger suspiciously. There is a mallet lying on the floor right in the light.
For the light, perhaps something like your broomcloset picture, only with a smaller area of effectiveness.

I imagine for the apeman eyeing Roger, just to have a box with blackness inside, and later we'll put an animated sprite of big, round eyes inside, so we can have them blink occasionally.
Eegah wrote:Screen 10- The Kitchen
The kitchen is a large room [...] with the door on the right. There is a huge bunch of bananas sitting next to the door. The rest of the room is a large series of metallic kitchen stuff (refrigerators, ovens, various tools). On the far left side of the room is a display case full of banana cream pies with little cherries on the top. On top of the display case is a large sign which says ‘DELICIOUS PIES!’ in goofy red lettering. In between the case and the kitchen area is a large [red] couch with a big fat apeman in a muscle shirt, leaning back and watching TV (with rabbit ear antennae).
This part should come fairly easy to your imagination, simply imagine the major kitchen appliances of today (in stainless steel), only updated a few hundred years (perhaps LCD (plasma)/LCARS display panels, automated door-opening mechanisms (no handles?), etc. : generally less analog and more digital; fewer knobs, more button panels). The pies should be easy; perhaps use something from the Pie-ery.

Sorry, if these descriptions can't do the job...I may come up with something more representative, though don't expect much in the way of sketches from me. Perhaps if this is inadequate, kain would provide one of his by now famous sketches?