Merf's hut and the Safe

Get help with VSB, whether hints or other issues.
Tuna

Merf's hut and the Safe

Post by Tuna »

OK, I managed to open the safe, but Merf keeps shooting me. I hide in the corner and I'm guessing I should do something with the Vacuum Cleaner, but he still shoots me. Am I missing an item or something?
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Re: Merf's hut and the Safe

Post by olzen »

SPOILER:

Merf is quite paranoid and afraid of stuff within the realm of the supernatural. The vacuum cleaner is part of the solution, but see what else you can find that'll allow you to exploit Merf's fears of ghosts and goblins.

If you've ever watched The Brave Little Toaster, there's a scene in that film that ought to give you a clue as well.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
Tuna

Post by Tuna »

Oh, I just found the flashlight. Silly me. #-o

I love the game so far. :D
olzen

Post by olzen »

Well, it wouldn't be a true adventure game if it wasn't frustrating! :P

Awesome to hear you like the game :D
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
m52

Post by m52 »

Still banging my head on this one... the blanket "would work", but yet I'm not allowed to actually put it on the vacuum (it's "too dark"). Plus, the flashlight refuses to do anything useful. I've clicked it on *everything* in there. What am I missing?
olzen

Post by olzen »

Well...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
First, you need to interact with the vacuum cleaner to drag it out in the open. The flashlight won't go onto the vacuum by itself, no, but the duct tape from the Aluminum Mallard will help you there. Then you should finally be able to throw the blanket over the vacuum cleaner.
Hope that helps :)
Datadog
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist

Post by Datadog »

If you've ever watched The Brave Little Toaster, there's a scene in that film that ought to give you a clue as well.
THAT'S what the puzzle is based on? I always thought it was a Fate of Atlantis reference. :P
"Great Pockets of Physics!"
olzen

Post by olzen »

If I remember correctly, I wanted to do the ghost-puzzle. Don't recall whether I actually wrote any of the script for this room, but yeah, The Brave Little Toaster was definitely what I thought of here.

The ghost music does deliberately sound like the one from Fate of Atlantis, though :)