Henchwoman

Released information from various stages of VSB's development.
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Henchwoman

Post by olzen »

I've finished writing the personality of Vohaul's new right hand. Kain asked me to make it a woman, so here we go. Only thing I need is the name. I'm also planning to make her black, btw. Anyway...

Back at The StarCon Academy, she was really looking up to Roger. She was already a pretty decent pilot, but there was something about Wilco that she really admired. Maybe it was fame, maybe she was just in love with him? We'll never know... One day in the canteen, she spotted Roger. The two of them went to different classes, so she rarely saw him. She pulled herself together, walked over and asked for Rog's autograph. But the answer she got was not what she wanted it to be... "Ummm... I'm sorry, but I don't do autographs. Maybe some other time?". After this, her psyche crashed. Finally, she got thrown out of the academy and decided to kill Roger. And it didn't get any better when she learned that he had been married. She teamed up with Vohaul. It's unclear why. Maybe something hilarious, like the apemen putting an ad in the paper, like:

"PSYCHOTIC HENCHMAN WANTED TO SERVE SICK ROBOTIC GENIUS. NO TIME-WASTERS PLEASE. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, TAKE THE LOCAL SPACEBUS TO RADON."

The rest is history. She is now Vohaul's general. She's agile, strong and is a formidable foe.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Thats terrific, we needed more female characters. Names going to be tough, any ideas?

I have the perfect model for her actually.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Heres a pic of her at a few angles.
olzen

Post by olzen »

Just spoke with Eegah, and we (actually he did) came up with a working name for this mysterious lady. Aeryn Zaxxon. Tell me what you think!
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Works for me.
BlueMax

Post by BlueMax »

Be careful of Zaxxon... if you're not aware, it's the name of an old 80's arcade game and they might not like the name infringement....
How do you type with boxing gloves on your hands?
olzen

Post by olzen »

Oh... I didn't know that. Maybe that's why Eegah suggested it. Aeryn is a sci-fi reference as well. Let's find out about the rights. We can easily change it if we have to.
Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

Aeryn is easy enough to pass off as not copywrited, but Zaxxon was an intentional reference to the isometric shooter. Whatever works.
Watch out for snakes
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

I remember that game! I dont think they would have a problem with using it.
olzen

Post by olzen »

If we can find at at Home of The Underdogs, they probably won't. Underdogs is the only abandonware site where you have 90% chance of avoiding downloading warez unwittingly.
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

It's still under Sega's copyright, but you can't find it on their website, so perhaps they wouldn't mind.

1. Registration Number: PA-135-300
Title: Zaxxon.
Imprint: [s.l. : s.n.], c1982.
Description: 1 videogame.
Note: Deposit consist of 1 videocassette & description (12 p.) deposited in lieu of videogame. Title on description: Sega's "Zaxxon."
Claimant: Sega Enterprises, Inc.
Created: 1981

Published: 16Mar82

Author on © Application: Sega Enterprises, Ltd., employer for hire.
Previous Related Version: Preexisting material: Zaxxon space theme game.
Claim Limit: NEW MATTER: "some new and rev. pictorial elements; slight revision to game play."
Miscellaneous: C.O. corres.) (See also Zaxxon space theme game; REG 13Oct82; PA 150-567
Special Codes: 4/G

2. Registration Number: PA-135-301
Title: Zaxxon.
Imprint: [Japan : s.n.], c1981.
Description: 1 videogame.
Note: Deposit consist of 1 videocassette & description (4 p.) deposited in lieu of videogame. Title on description: Sega's "Zaxxon."
Claimant: Sega Enterprises, Inc.
Created: 1981

Published: 26Dec81

Title on © Application: Zaxxon space theme game.
Author on © Application: Sega Enterprises, Ltd., employer for hire.
Miscellaneous: C.O. corres.) (See also Zaxxon; REG 13Oct82; PA 150-566
Special Codes: 4/G
olzen

Post by olzen »

I suggest we change it to Maxxon, just to be sure. It's the same type of name.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Of course, there still could be problems. SQ4 had the same type of problems, with both Radio Shock and Droids 'B' Us, so the copyright infrigement could still be a problem, even when using Maxxon. Still, it's remote enough that I don't think Sega would mind, but players of the game could still get the connection.
olzen

Post by olzen »

True. It was also just an idea. But we're looking for a name that has the same feel. We're gonna keep Aeryn for sure, though.
Eegah
Writer
Writer

Post by Eegah »

I think there is a bit less of a legal threat when you're doing a free, fan made game, only to be released to smaller circles.

I could be wrong though.
Watch out for snakes