Interface Feedback

Bugs which are fixed or otherwise closed
Vhati

Interface Feedback

Post by Vhati »

This seems like something that's subtly irksome so most people would neglect to report it...

The region one has to move the mouse into to make the icon bar appear feels disproportionately slim compared to the rather large bar. I think shrinking the icons to the dimensions of the inventory buttons (distributing the excess horizontal space like so: "{W}{H}{M}{E}..{?}{I}..{O}") and growing the trigger region to half the bar's height (so when the bar appears, the mouse is on an icon).

Oh, and rollover icons.

* Hmm, all the other mouse-driven Space Quests had {W}{E}{H}{M}.
Last edited by Vhati on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Re: Interface Feedback

Post by olzen »

Not sure if this can be fixed; we'd have to check whether tampering with the mouseover area would ruin any hotspots. Thanks for the report, though.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
Vhati

Re: Interface Feedback

Post by Vhati »

Edit: After a facepalm, I've rewritten the following post.

Someone made an AGS Editor plugin that exports every room to xml and pngs. There's chatter about code tweaks to include hotspot info if you can recompile it. Then again that thread was a couple years ago, so something like it might be stock by now.

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=37481.0

Now that I'm kinda paying attention, you do tend to run hotspots all the way to the top. So it's probably not a matter of a few hotspots' presence up there. It's a matter of checking whether that extra area is surplus that won't be missed. You can use any basic image viewing app that lets you step through the directory of dumped images and eyeball things pretty quickly.

In any case, the other suggestions would do some good on their own.