Game not found

Found a bug? Or even just a typo? Post it here and we'll get it fixed in a new version!
Artemiseon

Game not found

Post by Artemiseon »

Under Win7, when installed elsewhere than into the preselected directory, game doesn't start and a popup states that game may be missing (or something like that.
mjomble
Writer / Efficiency Facilitator

Re: Game not found

Post by mjomble »

Hi, could you post the exact error message that you're getting? Thanks.
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
Artemiseon

Post by Artemiseon »

Sorry, here you go:
Unable to write to the current directory. Do not run this game off a network or CD-ROM drive. Also check drive free space (you need 1 Mb free
I've currently installed the game where the install prompt tells me to (users\games...) and it works just fine (and what a fine surprise it has been :D congrats on a superb game). Apparently this problem only appears when you try to install it to a different directory. I've installed it as admin as well and still the error message pops up.
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

You might be installing it as admin, but the game would need to be run as admin since it writes to the directory it's in (for saved games, etc), if the current directory is admin-only or otherwise write-protected.
mjomble

Post by mjomble »

I've been able to install the game in non-default locations myself and haven't had any problems.
But I've avoided places like Program Files and in fact used a different hard drive than the system one.
Artemiseon wrote:and what a fine surprise it has been :D congrats on a superb game
Thanks, have fun! :D
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
Artemiseon

Post by Artemiseon »

pcj wrote:You might be installing it as admin, but the game would need to be run as admin since it writes to the directory it's in (for saved games, etc), if the current directory is admin-only or otherwise write-protected.
I am also running it as admin...hm. I've actually installed it in program files, maybe that's the problem then. Just thought I'd report it though.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Yeah, Program Files is generally not going to work. You can try giving Everyone write permissions to the game folder (in Security in the folder's Properties dialog), but that's about it.

Thanks for letting us know, anyway.