Bug concerning Furkunz cave

Found a bug? Or even just a typo? Post it here and we'll get it fixed in a new version!
Bas85

Bug concerning Furkunz cave

Post by Bas85 »

First of all I want to congratulate you on this excellent game! Both the puzzles and humor are certainly as good as we're used from the original SQ games.

I encountered the following bug:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I stole the plans from the safe in the village, then went out of the village. When I tried to go left or right, the cinematic of the Furkunz capturing Roger replayed and I got some dialog of the mayor and the 2 Furkunz but the screen stayed black. Also I could see a cursor and apparently move and change screens (since the object names were displayed) but the screen itself remained black. To get past this, I started a fresh game and to my knowledge the only thing I did different this time is I had the fake mustache with me the second time.

By the way, If you need any voice acting done, feel free to send me a message. I love voice acting and I've done some local voice acting stuff.

Bas
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Re: Bug concerning Furkunz cave

Post by olzen »

Thankyou very much - glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

As for the bug: wow. That sounds really odd. What version of the game are you running, according to the version.txt-file in your game directory? If you're running anything below 1.0.3.0, this may have been fixed in the latest version, but I can't verify for sure.

As for voice acting, please check out this thread. You can see who's been cast so far, and you can access the full script if you want to audition. Basically, nearly all of the characters are still up for grabs, so knock yourself out :D
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.