Widescreen monitors and stretched graphics...

Get help with VSB, whether hints or other issues.
synikk

Widescreen monitors and stretched graphics...

Post by synikk »

hi. great game here!! really enjoying it... but I was wondering... is there any way to make it force resize to 4:3 with black lines on the side instead of it stretched in full screen mode on a widescreen? really killing the experience with everyone all fat/looking.

I tried out directdraw in windowed mode and yeah, that of course is all sized correctly, but the window is really small. I have a crappy monitor which only supports 1440x900 (highest) so I can't try doubling the resolution or something either. which also leads me to the next point, I guess the filters don't work? because it seems to just want to double the resolution and tells me I can't support the video modes on the hq3x or 2x etc filters.

I realize i can resize my desktop resolution to say... 1024x768 and then run it in directdraw mode as a window so that it fills up more of the screen.. but, is there any better way i can have it set up? because that makes looking at my desktop a real stretched eyesore. lol thankx for any ideas, cheers
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Re: Widescreen monitors and stretched graphics...

Post by pcj »

The "Side borders on widescreen monitors" option works for me, as attached.
vsb settings.png
vsb settings.png (27.49 KiB) Viewed 15385 times
Filters won't work unless you have a monitor which supports them; since the minimum (2x) would be 1600x1200 there's not much you can do.
Datadog
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist

Post by Datadog »

I have the same problem and it's monitor-related. I've tried to trouble-shoot it on the monitor's site (BenQ) many times this last year, but even they're stumped. This is a hardware malfunction, more than anything.
"Great Pockets of Physics!"
synikk

Post by synikk »

damn. i guess im sol then. yeah that option doesnt do a thing for me. i hate widescreen monitors.