Mexican Apeman Typos

Found a bug? Or even just a typo? Post it here and we'll get it fixed in a new version!
Noctambulo

Mexican Apeman Typos

Post by Noctambulo »

[MEXG1] ¡Es un idioto muy grande!
¡Es un idiota muy grande!
or (I "like" this more) ¡Es un tremendo idiota!

Another way to say it (but it' uses a "badword") is: "¡Es un gran pendejo!"

[MEXG4] Mexican Apeman: ¿Es tu primera vez en Radonio?

I'd rather say "Radón" instead of "Radonio"... It's optional too

[MEXG5] Mexican Apeman: ¡Ha ha ha! ¡Si, si!

It's "¡Ja, ja, ja!"

[MEXG6] Mexican Apeman: ¡Mierda!

He he he... Just laughing

[MEXG13] Mexican Apeman: ¡Es señor Wilco, eh!

¡Es el señor Wilco, eh!

I think there fits better "¡Es Roger Wilco, eh!" because it sounds weird (at least to me) that the guard calls Wilco "Mister" or "Sir"... In other hand, like it's "Mexican", maybe you should use "¡Es el pinche Wilco!"

[MEXG9] Mexican Apeman: ¡Yo no quiero la basura estúpida!

¡Yo no quiero esa estúpida basura!

[MEXG10] Mexican Apeman: ¡Y usted! ¿Qué clase de idiota carga vidrio en los pantalones?!

Hmmm... ¡Y tú! ¡¿Qué clase de idiota carga vidrio en los pantalones?!

"Usted" is too formal, I think

[MEXG11] Mexican Apeman: ¡Mi nombre no es López, malito humano!

¡Mi nombre no es López, maldito humano!

malito = "little bad guy" or so
maldito = damn, damned

[MEXG12] Mexican Apeman: ¡Dejatelo en tus pantalones, conserge cochino!

conserje, with "j"
Datadog
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist

Re: Mexican Apeman Typos

Post by Datadog »

Noctambulo wrote:[MEXG11] Mexican Apeman: ¡Mi nombre no es López, malito humano!

This one didn't cross my mind until recently, but does this sentence imply that the guard is addressing Roger or the other ape guard? I may have had some wires crossed with Alan when we were discussing the lines.

conserje, with "j"
Originally, this was supposed to be a translation of "mop jockey". Is there a literal translation of that? The Mexican students in my class had a short debate over this, but I don't think any of them knew Space Quest well enough to understand the context.
"Great Pockets of Physics!"
Noctambulo

Re: Mexican Apeman Typos

Post by Noctambulo »

Datadog wrote:
Noctambulo wrote:[MEXG11] Mexican Apeman: ¡Mi nombre no es López, malito humano!

This one didn't cross my mind until recently, but does this sentence imply that the guard is addressing Roger or the other ape guard? I may have had some wires crossed with Alan when we were discussing the lines.
He is addresing Roger. Or maybe he is addressing the other ape guard, calling him "damn human"

As I see that he is in fact addressing the other ape guard, you can change that to "¡Mi nombre no es López, maldito cabrón!"

(Ok, ok, "cabrón" is a bit strong and you can use "imbecil" instead. In the other hand, you used "mierda" in another line...)
Datadog wrote:

conserje, with "j"
Originally, this was supposed to be a translation of "mop jockey". Is there a literal translation of that? The Mexican students in my class had a short debate over this, but I don't think any of them knew Space Quest well enough to understand the context.
Well, "mop jockey" doesn`t have a literal translation into Spanish, at least not one I am aware of... I mean, "mop jockey" = "cabalgamopas" or "jockey de las mopas" or "jinete de mopas", but those are not "real" words... Now, maybe "cabalgamopas" does work just fine.