A few bugs

Found a bug? Or even just a typo? Post it here and we'll get it fixed in a new version!
Tom S. Fox

A few bugs

Post by Tom S. Fox »

First of all, the walk-behind area of the guard post has its border set too high, leading to this:

Also, if you show the windshield glass to your cell neighbour, Roger says, “Hey, maybe we can use this to escape?” But by the time you have the windshield glass, you have already escaped.

Lastly, the wire in the mines can be picked up while Roger is in the area in the background, which means that it disappears even though he never reaches it.
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Re: A few bugs

Post by pcj »

Yeah, someone else reported the guard post problem but I never could find exactly where to stand to get it. I'll check again, thanks.

We'll get the others fixed as well, good catches all.
Tom S. Fox

Post by Tom S. Fox »

Also, this may be on purpose, but I noticed you don’t need to show the windshield glass to the stain in Vohaul’s brain to get the “real ending.”
mjomble
Writer / Efficiency Facilitator

Post by mjomble »

Tom S. Fox wrote:Also, this may be on purpose, but I noticed you don’t need to show the windshield glass to the stain in Vohaul’s brain to get the “real ending.”
Yeah, that's intentional, you can get the special ending even if you miss a few characters, so it wouldn't get too frustrating if you missed one or two early in the game.
Or maybe we were just too lazy to properly count them and rounded down the requirement :P
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
Tom S. Fox

Post by Tom S. Fox »

Does this mean I could just show the windshield glass to one character over and over again and get the special ending?
mjomble

Post by mjomble »

Tom S. Fox wrote:Does this mean I could just show the windshield glass to one character over and over again and get the special ending?
Nope, you only get one point per character. Unless you meet the character in multiple different locations, like Forksmith - from them you may be able to get 2-3 points.
Tom S. Fox

Post by Tom S. Fox »

But that would mean that you have a flag for each character that tells you whether or not you have already shown them the windshield glass, so you would have had to count them anyway.
mjomble

Post by mjomble »

It's still intentional that you can get the special ending if you miss a few characters. So it's working as intended.
Tom S. Fox

Post by Tom S. Fox »

I found another one. I don’t think it has been reported, yet.

In the virtual reality interface, if you use the Mainframe icon on the FaceBurn icon, the Files about bananas icon, the Security Viewer window, or the background, a message says, “You use the piece of highly reflective Octuple-Thick Pseudo-Morphed Windshield Glass from the Aluminum Mallard on it, but nothing happens.”
Last edited by Tom S. Fox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcj

Post by pcj »

Heh, thanks. Will fix that.
Jona827

PROBLEM WITH NED!!!!! HELP!

Post by Jona827 »

So Im playing Vohaul stirkes back... and Ned will not give me the option to get a Permit from him. Ive read ALL the walkthroughs and ive even started the game over TWICE!!!! but he still wont give me the option. Its really pissing me off cause i want to finish the game but am not able to get past this one spot. i tried to find save points i could download so i could just skip the camp and go right to the sewers but i cant find any. PLEASE help!!!!!! I have gathered ALL the items i need and talked to everyone i can but still not working..... please help. Jonwilliams827@yahoo.com email me if you know the awnser to my problem please!!!!
mjomble

Re: PROBLEM WITH NED!!!!! HELP!

Post by mjomble »

Jona827 wrote:So Im playing Vohaul stirkes back... and Ned will not give me the option to get a Permit from him. Ive read ALL the walkthroughs and ive even started the game over TWICE!!!! but he still wont give me the option. Its really pissing me off cause i want to finish the game but am not able to get past this one spot. i tried to find save points i could download so i could just skip the camp and go right to the sewers but i cant find any. PLEASE help!!!!!! I have gathered ALL the items i need and talked to everyone i can but still not working..... please help. Jonwilliams827@yahoo.com email me if you know the awnser to my problem please!!!!
Hmm, that's strange.

Maybe there's something off in the walkthroughs. As far as I can remember, the prerequisites are:

* Talk to Nelzo until he tells you he needs a ship and a permit.
* Open the mysterious closet and get Ned to owe you a favor.

Have you done both of these?