My thoughts on Vohaul Strikes Back

Discuss in-depth VSB plot issues here.
Chrono

My thoughts on Vohaul Strikes Back

Post by Chrono »

I just finished this game, and I have to commend everyone who made it, because it was really awesome. The game really captured much of he spirit of Space Quest, and everything from the writing, to the pacing and puzzles design was really well done. It was also very funny, and also much longer than I was expecting. In fact, I'd say it was longer than any of he official Space Quests. Just wanted to say that you all did a great job on it. Now onto Incinerations.
mjomble
Writer / Efficiency Facilitator
Writer / Efficiency Facilitator

Re: My thoughts on Vohaul Strikes Back

Post by mjomble »

Awesome, thanks! :D

Now go tell everyone you know to play it as well :P
Chrono wrote:It was also very funny, and also much longer than I was expecting. In fact, I'd say it was longer than any of he official Space Quests.
Yeah, that was our estimate as well.
For a few weeks, we considered it the longest Space Quest game of any kind in existence.
Then Incinerations came out and we were no longer so sure of that. You're in for a treat :D
"Man, we're gonna get so much pie when all these droids start coming back."
olzen
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer
Co-Lead; Producer, Composer, Director, Writer

Post by olzen »

Thanks for your nice words, Chrono. It's nice to know that, even with the Two Guys returning and all, this game still has a relevance :)

For what it's worth, I asked Chris whether he thought VSB or "Incinerations" was the longest game, and he still thinks it's the former. Of course, "Incinerations" has all these awesome cutscenes that we can't match, but VSB seems to contain more rooms, characters and puzzles. The latter also features more non-linear exploration.

None of the above is meant to detract from "Incinerations." It's a fantastic game, and I'm really proud of the music I contributed to it. When Chris was nice enough to let me do the first test run of it, I honestly had an inferiority complex :D So if you liked VSB, "Incinerations" will blow you away.
WARNING: Will often post redundant anecdotes about the history of the "Vohaul Strikes Back"-project.
Datadog
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist
Character, Sprite & GUI Artist

Post by Datadog »

VSB is the larger game since it took me almost 22 hours to do a full beta run of every single thing you could do in the game. SQInc only took me about 14 hours to fully test. So VSB really is the one filled with a lot more goodies.
"Great Pockets of Physics!"
pcj
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer
Site Admin, Webmaster, Programmer

Post by pcj »

Playable stuff, anyway. Incinerations definitely has a lot more rendered cutscenes.